World Day of Prayer Children’s Programme
Prepared by the WDP Committee of Taiwan – March 3, 2023
“I Have Heard About Your Faith”
Preparation for the facilitators
Some notes for program preparation:
- Help the children practice all the songs that will be sung during the worship service ahead of time.
- Post a world map on the wall and mark the location of Taiwan.
- Make copies of the patterns of a head wreath in advance. The patterns can be found in Appendix
- Have the supplies ready, including colored pencils, scissors, glue/tape. Explain the symbolic meaning of the wreath for the indigenous people in Taiwan while they are making their own.
- Choose some of the creative games from Appendix 2 and intersperse them throughout the worship service. The games serve as Ice Breakers or ways to help the children learn more about Taiwan.
- Have simple prizes prepared for the winners of the Ice Breakers.